What is Prima medicare
- The domain name www.Prima medicare.com, an internet based portal and Prima medicare a mobile application, is owned and operated by Prima medicare Technologies Private Limited, a company duly incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 (hereinafter referred to as “Prima medicare” or “We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Company”). The domain name and the mobile application are collectively referred to as the “Website”.
- The Website is a platform that facilitates (i) online purchase of pharmaceutical products sold by various third party pharmacies and manufactures (“Third Party Pharmacies”); (ii) diagnostic services being offered by various third party diagnostic centers (“Third Party Labs”); (iii) online medical consultancy services/ second opinion being offered by third party independent doctors (“Medical Experts”); and (iv) online advertisements of various sponsors advertising and marketing their own good and services (“Third Party Advertisers”). The Third Party Pharmacies, Third Party Labs, Medical Experts and the Third Party Advertisers are collectively referred to as the “Third Party Service Providers”. Further the Website also serves as an information platform providing health and wellness related information to the Users accessing the Website (The services of Third Party Services Provider and the information services is collectively referred to as the “Services”).
- the Indian Contract Act, 1872 (“Contract Act”);
- the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and the rules, regulations, guidelines and clarifications framed thereunder, including the (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011, and the (Indian) Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (“IG Guidelines”);
- the Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 (“Drugs Act”), read with the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945 (“Drugs Rules”);
- the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 (“Drugs and Magic Act”);
- The Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 read with the Indian Medical Council Rules, 1957;
- Pharmacy Act, 1948 (“Pharmacy Act”) and
- the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- For the purposes of availing the Services and/or transacting with the Third Party Service Providers through the Website, You are required to obtain registration, in accordance with the procedure established by Prima medicare in this regard. As part of the registration process, Prima medicare may collect the following personal information from You:
- User ID;
- Email address;
- Address (including country and ZIP/ postal code);
- Phone number;
- Password chosen by the User;
- Valid financial account information; and
- Other details as You may volunteer.
- A registered id can only be utilized by the person whose details have been provided and Prima medicare does not permit multiple persons to share a single log in/ registration id. However, a registered user, being also a parent or legal guardian of a person ‘incompetent to contract’ such as minors or persons with unsound mind, would be permitted to access and use the Website for the purposes of procuring the Services, on behalf of such persons.
- Organizations, companies, and businesses may not become registered members on the Website or use the Website through individual members.
- You agree and acknowledge that You would (i) create only 1 (one) account; (ii) provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating Your account and in all Your dealings through the Website; (iii) maintain and promptly update Your account information; (iv) maintain the security of Your account by not sharing Your password with others and restricting access to Your account and Your computer; (v) promptly notify Prima medicare if You discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches relating to the Website; and (vi) take responsibility for all the activities that occur under Your account and accept all risk of unauthorized access.
- The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by Prima medicare for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to You, Prima medicare may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the Your browser. Prima medicare does not store personally identifiable information in the cookies.